Saturday, 2 August 2014

How I Got Good Skin #2: Olay Regenerist Skin Perfecting Cleanser - Review

How I Got Good Skin is a series of five posts on the blog where I'll share the products and habits that have helped me get my skin looking the best it's ever looked. I'm confident when I use the phrase "good skin", since I have suffered with severe acne in the past (even going on Accutane twice) and can definitely appreciate the state of my skin at the moment!


After getting into a bit of a panic about the state of my skin, I knew I had to shake up my skincare regime ASAP. On my emergency trip to Boots, alongside the La Roche Posay face wash, I also picked up this Olay Regenerist Skin Perfecting Cleanser. I had read a review on it a long time ago  on a Braziliand beauty blog and thought it sounded good because of the Salicylic Acid in the formula. It turns out, that's not actually listed in the ingredients (don't I feel silly!), but this is still, nonetheless, a little wonder of a product!

I'd never tried anything from Olay before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. This cleanser has a gel texture and it contains micro foaming beads, which help lightly exfoliate the skin. I like that it doesn't foam up too much (which should hopefully mean I won't get told off by Caroline Hirons for using it!), but it still gives my skin a squeaky clean feeling without making it feel tight or dry at all! I also can't believe how much this has improved the texture of my skin. I like to use it in the mornings, as it feels very refreshing on the skin and I feel like it helps the following products on my regime sink in better on my skin.

If you've got normal to oily skin, I definitely recommend picking this up. And, if you don't like it, no harm's been really done: it costs just under a fiver from Boots AND it's always on offer!

Have you tried anything from Olay? xx

5 comments:

  1. Great review!!

    www.lilacwish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this sounds nice! I've never even looked into Olay products before, at all, I'll definitely look next time though! xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across to ur Blog. it’s lovely. I’m following u. recently I have started my blog n I’m quite new at blogging world. I wld be glad if u do visit my blog nd show love by following me at GFC and Bloglovin. It wld be ur kind appreciation. Hav a nice day…Xoxo.

    http://www.suraiyahaque.com/2014/01/the-body-shop-chocomania-body-butter.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, xx lovely post as always :D I've just started a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit. Followers are desperately needed!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review I love your blog

    Please visit: http://trendybutterfly.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...