Sunday, 20 July 2014

The Sunday Post #15: The Devil Wears Prada

Gifs from Tumblr.

What is the one movie you've watched dozens of times and know all the lines to? For me, that's The Devil Wears Prada! I actually struggle to watch it without talking over the people on screen and feeling really pleased with myself for getting all the lines right! haha 

I also love the dry humour in it. Who here has never laughed at one of Miranda's mean one liners? Or at Emily's grumpiness? Speaking of Emily, this was Emily Blunt's first big Hollywood film and, in my opinion, she completely stole the show! She has some of my favourite scenes in the whole movie and her acting in it is incredible.

Something that I think gets overlooked about it all the time is how amazing the soundtrack is! If you pay just a little bit of attention, you can tell how really dynamic and on point it is. Not to mention all the Madonna songs, it doesn't get much cooler than an outfit movie montage to the tune of Vogue (Vogue... Vogue)! 

I just realized the other day while watching that it actually came out almost 10 years ago now and it's really interesting to see how some of the oufits look a bit dated now (only if you're really into fashion though!) and what it will all look like in another 10 years time! I just love this "stuff" (see what I did there??).

And not to mention the super cute cameo by the amazing, gorgeous, uber model Gisele Bundchen, playing Emily's bitchy friend, Serena! I'm so proud of her whenever she's on a film, it's the Brazilian in me! haha

Have you ever watched TDWP? What are your thoughts on it?

3 comments:

  1. This movie has and will always be my favorite movie for a reason.

    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indainbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie so much too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure DWP is what started my fashion/beauty addiction!

    Nailah xx // humaankameleonn.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...