Monday, 14 July 2014

How I Got Good Skin #1: La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel - Review

How I Got Good Skin is a series of five posts on the blog  where I'll share the products and habits that have helped me get my skin looking the best it's ever looked. I'm confident when I use the phrase "good skin", since I have suffered with severe acne in the past (even going on Accutane twice) and can definitely appreciate the state of my skin at the moment!



A couple of months ago, I realized my skin was going on a downward spiral. It looked dull and blotchy, I was getting more breakout than I've had in years. Not to mentions the blackheads, those dreaded blackheads... I love my mum to death, but I'm afraid she didn't realize the benefits of skincare early enough in her life. The consequence being lots and lots of acne scars everywhere. She tells me she got them from poking at her skin every chance she got, so the advice she's always given me was to never pick at spots or blackheads! 

But how on Earth can I just leave them??? Especially the damn blackheads, showing their ugly heads on MY FACE! I can't just leave them there, they need to be gone. When I noticed the situation started getting really bad, I decided it was time I took some action! The first thing I did was head into Boots and pick up a few old favourites I had ditched to try out new products. And the first one was the trusty La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel!

This must be my third bottle of the stuff and I've just been kicking myself for not getting back into using it earlier! It is designed for oilier skin types. I'm more of a normal skin type gal these days, but I still don't feel like this makes my skin dry at all. The aspect I love the most about this cleanser is how easy and fuss free it is to look. We all know the benefits of a flanel/muslim cloth, but we all have our lazy days and this one is perfect for them! Just apply it to a damp face, massage it in a bit and wash it off! I also love that it is safe for around the eyes, it's never felt uncomfortable at all. And to top it all off, it is a very affordable £12 from most Boots!

Have you ever tried this cleanser? xx

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Lu | The Ankalli Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use this and stopped for no particular reason. Might use it when finished m current one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dry skin so I'm not sure how well this would work for me but it does sound fab and great that it was effective for you! :D

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic!! I've recently converted back to gel cleansers after realising my skin actually loves them! The Nip+Fab glycolic fix cleanser helped to clear my skin up so much, I'll definitely be giving this one a try :)

    Latasha xx | Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great cleanser. It's gone straight on my to try next list.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this sounds incredible, my skin is being really fussy at the moment so I'm tempted to go and pick one of these up!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...