Thursday, 6 March 2014

My February 'Non Beauty' Favourites

Images from my Instagram

This past month wasn't all that eventful in the Fletcher household! In light of that, I ended up picking up a new hobbie of sorts: baking! I never used to bake much since it always got me stressing out and worrying too much about the outcome so it wasn't always very enjoyable! After a specially disastrous chocolate cake (I mean, it had loads of chocolate in it which made it edible, but it just wasn't delicious!), I decided something had to change and that I would master cakes once and for all! I even went out and bought a hand mixer, that's how serious I was about it. haha It made baking so much easier, which in turn made me want to do it all the time! Bad news for my waistline, but a hit with the husband! hehe

The Coffee and Walnut cake I made was so delicious, I could barely believe I baked it myself! The only problem with it was that it was way too thin, I think my tin was too big for the recipe. We are moving in a couple of weeks, but after we are all set up, I want to get better equipped for all the baking I want to do! Also, I've now started to try baking cookies. First try was a total disaster, (the ones in the picture are the very last batch I managed to save!) but you know, it's all a learning curve! haha

Images from Tumblr

In keeping with the uneventfullness of it all, we ended up watching a lot of Netflix and we are now both obsessed with House of Cards! Netflix have got it down with their own productions, first Orange is the New Black (which I made a post about right here and am dying to watch season two of!) and now this... I always did have a habit of sympathizing with the bad guys and here they made the "bad guy" (if you can call him that) the main character! I'm starting to come up with the theory that what makes a show GREAT is the duality in the characters, not liking everyone all the time but not hating them all the time either, if you see what I mean? I feel like that about The Good Wife, OITNB and obviously about Claire and Frank Underwood!

This show is based on the miniseries of the same name here in the UK, which aired in the 90's. It's all about the political (and not so political) power struggles in Washington and a man who is ruthless in his quest for power (how fancy does that sound??). It is mesmerizing to watch. I'm SO sad we're getting close to the end of season two now and, by what I hear around the internet and from friends, it's an intense finale! Doesn't it just break your heart to know that they haven't even started filming season three yet?? What are we going to do?? 

What have you been up to this past February?? x

4 comments:

  1. House of cards is my favourite, you will loveee the season 2 finale.! Kevin Spacey is honestly incredible, my favourite part was season 2 ep 1 where he turns to the camera whilst being sworn in and says, how he is a skip away front he presidency and not a vote cast in his name - democracy is so over rated! As a politics student I can agree :P amazing show and glad your loving it and your cakes look great too!

    Happy Thursday,
    Lucy xxx
    Florals & Corals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to bake more. I have not see house of cards yet, but I am sure it is a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm those cakes look amazing. I love coffee and walnut cake :-)

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm salivating with the first cake... this is a torture (I'm on a diet). :/

    Seriously, everybody is talking about House of Cards. I can't take it anymore!! haha Gotta watch.

    Sister, you HAVE TO WATCH Breaking Bad immediately! You are wasting your time. If you like anti-heros you will definitely LOVE Walter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...