Sunday, 9 February 2014

The Sunday Post #10: My Hairy Situation

Did I ever tell you about the time I got a pixie hair cut? Yeah, that happened! The year was 2010. My hair was falling out a lot for some reason and it had damage from being dyed so I just thought "to heck with it". I always knew a short hair cut was something I would like to have at some point in my life so I decided that was the right time to do it. It was also 4 months before meeting my now husband for the first time in real life after a 2 year online relationship. I was really scared of what he was going to think but he was cool with it when he saw it. Or he ACTED cool, 'cause a few years later he told me he didn't like it. haha What a sweetheart.

Look at me at 18! And this is the hair cut... it had actually grown out a lot by the time I took this picture, it was MUCH shorter!

When my father picked me up from the hair salon after my hair cut, I was really scared of what he would say. My father has the annoying habit of being brutally honest, so I thought I would want to die when he saw it... But then he said he actually didn't hate it (which is a lot coming form him! haha). Phew, crisis averted! My mom wasn't that happy with it because she thinks I'm supposed to be a lady and ladies have long hair! haha But that was ok... I had no problem with it because I really liked it! I actually liked it! Even when I was excited with my pixie cut plan, I never discarded the chance of leaving the place in tears. But it didn't happen! Not the day I had it cut, not 2 months later...

You'll remember from this post from last year I had a hair cut last August. I was obsessed with blunt hair cuts at the time (I blame Into The Gloss for that!) and after thinning my hair out with a DIY hair cut, I decided to go get it fixed and also get some bangs cut in! I'd had bang before so I knew they suited me, so no big worries there. When I left the hair salon that day I was very happy with my cut, I thought I looked so cool! haha But then it all started going wrong... I think I only wore the bangs down for like three weeks? Yup, then they just became a nuisance! The day I realized I didn't have real long hair anymore was the worst. And then I cried... 


 I cried after chopping off no more than 3 inches off of my locks, but when I went from mid length to a pixie hair cut a few years ago, I shed not one tear.

I've given this paradox a lot of thought and I think the reason for it is that back in 2010, I didn't love my hair. I was sad it was thinning out and damaged, so going for the chop was just an exciting thing for me, being the big rebel that I am. But last year... MY HAIR AS BEAUTIFUL! hahaha Yes, I said that! I loved the cut (before I ruined it myself), I loved the ombre I put in myself (very proud of that one!) and now I don't love it anymore. It's an awkward length and an awkward cut and I'm just not as happy with it as I was before!

And for that, one of my resolutions for 2014 is to NOT have a damn hair cut! I imagine my hair screaming out "just leave me alone!" whenever I think of getting scissors near. And I shall do just that! I still absolutely love the look of short hair and I'll bet you I'll have hair like that again at some point. But after having my hair the longest it'd been my whole life, I've decided that's the look for me!

What is your worst hair story? Tell me about it in the comments! x

14 comments:

  1. I love your hair. Great look. Thanks for visiting my blog doll.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great You have a lovely blog.
    Would you care to follow each other? GFC/Bloglovin/G+
    Do leave a comment when you follow and i'll follow you right back.
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post, so interesting how having such a huge haircut didn't make you worried! I wear the hijab and have done for several years, but a few years ago I became obsessed with hair despite my headscarf haha, and went to get it cut and CRIED because the lady used a razor to create layers and I remember thinking I looked like an awkward puppy who had been groomed by a crazy person! Luckily I never had to show my bad haircut to the world (and these days bad hairdays are regular) but my fear of hairdressers are still 100% there. Having said that I do need a trim...
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, your pixie reminds me of my own experiences with the cut :D My mom was like "women should have long hair!" she was very pissed, my dad liked it very much. But I think it's because he secretly wanted to have a tomboy daughter :D
    I love both the hairdos, don't know why you hate it now. Mine is still quite horrible, so I chop it off whenever I have a chance :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair with the fringe! My worst hair story is from when I was actually training to be a hairdresser and we were 'practicing' with blue rinses. Let me just say if you have bleached highlights and you put a temporary rinse on it, it takes really easily and lasts a long time. Lets just say my bleach highlights became a strange mix of bluey-green for quite a while. It was bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humm, I think you look better with it shorter personally...but each to their own! It's your hair after all...♥

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! I never stopped to think which one looked better, just which one made me feel better. But I can see your point! hehe xx

      Delete
  7. Hi dear, I think you look so pretty with shorter hair, it makes your lovely features stand out more. But you're so lucky, all styles suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fringe on you but I know what you mean about always clipping it out of the way. Mine was a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your blog! Following you now, hope you visit and follow my blog as well!♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you look so beautiful in the latest photo with the fringe. Really entertaining post and a lovely blog. Have followed on BL and would love it if you popped over to see me at http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My worst hair story? Well ages ago when I was a little kid I wanted to paint but I had no brush so I got the scissors out, although I was not to, anyway instead of holding some hair between my fingers I just tried to cut some off for a brush, well I suppose you can imagine what I looked like, needless to say I never made it to that brush, well I was three or maybe four years at the time.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the opposite, I loved my short hair, much more than my longer hair now, but haiving always had a bob, I wanted something different, but I plan to chop it all off soon and I can't wait!

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there! Just wondered if you had blogged anywhere about your online relationship/meeting him for the first time? I wrote my Psychology dissertation on online romantic relationships and it is still something that fascinates me to this day!

    Kathryn

    http://bitofafreak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...