Thursday, 27 February 2014

Mood of the Moment: Statement Necklaces



My whole life my mum always joked saying I must have been a drag queen in another life. I have always been attracted to anything shiny! I think the happiest moment of my childhood was when I was a ring bearer at my aunt's wedding and my dress was a mini copy of hers... It was a crystal sparkly explosion and I couldn't stop smiling! Of course my style has obviously evolved since then and I've mostly been rid of my flashy ways. Mostly! 

Even though they can be a little too much sometimes, what I like the most about statement necklaces is how versatile they can be. They can dress up a little black dress or be a touch of fun on a casual outfit. In fact, my favourite way to style them is to combine them with a simple jeans and tshirt look and let the necklace do all the work. You know me, the trick is to make it look like you've made an effort, even if you haven't!

I'm still a bit of a way away from making statement necklaces a wardrobe staple, if I'm honest. I've been wearing delicate, understated necklaces for years now, so they might take a bit of getting used to. But my next jewelry purchase will definitely be one of these big guys!

How do you feel about statement necklaces?

Other Mood of the Moment posts: Black Ankle Boots

8 comments:

  1. Haha your mum is so friendly :-P I am also expanding my collection of necklaces at the moment. I love the first one!

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bottom right one but all of them are gorgeous! I love statement necklaces to brighten up a simple outfit! Followed xx

    www.hannahhearts-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too scared to wear statement necklaces myself but I think they look great on others! The second and third one have to be my favourite! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow they are so pretty...i have always loved wearing these....y the way i just loved the second one...
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love big, bold statement necklaces. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, my dad says the same thing :D When I dress up in sparkly tops and sequins, he always makes fun of me :D I'm so into statement necklaces right now. The way they can change a whole look is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a massive jewellery wearer, but if I do wear something, it's a necklace. They can just completley change an entire outfit!

    Sharlotte || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...