Saturday, 15 February 2014

James Brown London Intensive Moisture Mask - Review


I'd already used products from James Brown London's line before and I quite enjoyed them, but I first heard of this hair mask reading Jennifer's blog and after she sang it's praises of course I had to get it! I mean, ave you SEEN that girl's hair? And with a name like "Intensive Moisture Mask", it sounded like just the thing! It contains soy protein, pomegranate oil and shea butter, which all sound like good stuff to me and the packaging looks so chic! Plus, it only sets your back £8 from Boots, so I went for it.

At first I was really disappointed with it. They recommend using it on dry or freshly washed hair and leaving it on for 10 minutes for nourished and soft hair. Now, I tend to switch up regular conditioner for hair masks in the shower to give my hair an extra boost of hydration. I do not recommend doing that with this hair mask because using it that way will do NOTHING to your hair. I felt like I had just thrown £8 in the trash can! I completely forgot about it for a couple of months, when I decided to give it another chance during a pamper day!

I then finally tried using it in the recommended way. I washed and dry toweled my hair and applied a generous amount of product. I threw a shower cap on and left the mask to do it's thing for about 20 minutes  (I always leave things on for longer than recommended, such rebelliousness!) and THEN I could finally see what Jennifer loved so much about this! It did leave my hair feeling so soft and moisturized and shiny like it hadn't in a long time. If your hair's in need of a little loving, you won't regret picking this up! 

What's your favourite hair mask? x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! The packaging looks so much more luxurious and expensive than it is too.
    /Roshni's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you rediscover something and it works. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fab - loving your blog because it makes me take more of an interest in beauty and skin care - love this bright airy and light pictures also.

    Have a lovely sunday!

    Lucy xxx

    Florals & Corals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I usually tend to live masks for longer too, guess you're fighters, lol! :D
    Seriously gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...