Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Emergency Face Masks

I think my biggest beauty sin has got to be neglecting my skin for days, not doing my whole skincare routine, and then having to deal with the consequences of my neglect! That is usually when I reach for my face masks and hope they can rescue my skin for me! Here are the ones I reach for the most:


A hydrating face mask...
I tend to reach for these types of masks during the colder months. Having the heating on all the time absolutely destroys my skin. It feels incredibly dehydrated, dry and can even get a little bit flaky. I also hate that tight feeling I get when that happens. Or maybe you've over done it with the exfoliation! I'm definitely guilty of that. Using the Liquid Gold one night and then using abrasive face scrubs the next, it's a recipe for disaster! It can give you that tight feeling too, except you can also count on some redness, sensitivity and itchyness. Applying a thick layer of a hydrating mask and leaving it on for at least 10 minutes will give you some relief!

An exfoliating face mask...
Again, it's great to have this on your stash for the winter months. Once more, the culprit for me is the heating being on all day, it leaves my skin looking so dull and lifeless. Or maybe if I haven't exfoliated in a while and my skin needs a quick pick me up, this is what I'll reach for 9 out of 10 times. I like to leave this REN mask on for longer than the packaging recommends and it's always been fine on my skin! But any exfoliating face mask can help bring a little life back to your complexion and make it look a lot brighter.

A clay based face mask...
Now, this one is a no brainer. Luckily being a grown up has at least ONE advantage, which for me is that my skin is a little more under control and I don't break out as often anyone. So, whenever my skin is having a bit of a freak out (which is usually once a month, if ya know what I mean...), this is what I use! Although this is also great for getting rid of blackheads in a jiffy. I like to just apply it on my nose and on the sides, which is where my problem area is, and leave in on until the mask dries. 

I always apply face masks with these flat foundations brushes, which I don't like for foundation anyway. I always find it better to use a brush, or else most of the product with end up stuck on your fingers (especially with that REN one, which is more like glue than anything else!).

What are your emergency face masks? x

16 comments:

  1. I have not tried these masks before but when I need to apply one (which will be today!) then I opt for the glamglow one or the montagne jeunesse ones <3

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suffering at the moment with a bad breakout :( I love The Body Shop's clay mask - its a bit messy to remove though!

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good face mask. It feels so pampering, and of course they're great on the skin! I've recently been reaching for my Michael Todd Pumpkin face mask to moisturize and nourish my skin.

    xo Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about that REN mask all the time, I have never heard anybody saying anything negative about it.. it's just that I'm finding the excuse to not break my spending ban :( x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try out the Una Brennan range, the hydrating mask looks lovely!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same as you- masks do so much good for my skin except recently I've been skipping a hydrating mask for a facial oil.

    Girl+World

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masks! For me the best hydrating mask is Origins Drink Up Intensive mask and the results are wonderful :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im a huge fan of the una brennan clay mask! It works like a dream! I have featured it in my top beauty products of 2013! Nothing else has quite beaten it yet!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must admit I hardly every use face masks but I' d like to more. Like the sound of the REN one x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had my eyes on the REN face mask for so long. My favourite mask is the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. It's fantastic!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good face mask. Really want to try the una brennan ones out especially the clay one! xx

    Girlintheblackhat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe I haven't tried the Hydrating face mask from Una Brenan! It sounds wonderful
    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that REN mask and just got that clay mask through a swap with a UK blogger - I can't wait to try it. lately I have been adoring my Borghese Active Mud mask - I did a review at the end of January if you want to check it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the REN mask and still need to try out the Una Brennan ones! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ren to the rescue!! I couldn't believe how radiant my skin looked after using it! When my skin is acting out my favorite one to use is the pore detox from Ren!
    I've been hearing about the una brennan for sometime now, I think I should give it a go..
    xo
    The Beauty Break // http://beautytimebreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...